[ndnSIM] smartflooding behavior in case of link failure

Smallcat huyao0107 at gmail.com
Mon May 6 11:29:20 PDT 2013

Hi Alex,

For my understanding, when there is a link failure on the highest rank Green face, it should switch to the secondary ranked Green face. That is, the FullDelay should increase largely and then drop to the normal value after it changed to the secondary face. However, from my observance of app-delays-trace file, first the FullDelay increase and then drop to the normal value, that should be reasonable. But it immediately increases again to a even large value for some time (around 2 seconds) and finally drops to a normal delay value. How to explain this smartflooding mechanism when encounting link failure on first prioritized face?

Thank you very much!

Regards,
huyao