[ndnSIM] FIB aggregation in ndnSIM

Alex Afanasyev alexander.afanasyev at ucla.edu
Fri May 3 11:27:57 PDT 2013

Hi He,

Currently, FIB entires are assumed to be semi-static, since there is no real dynamic routing protocol implemented.  As a consequence, there is no aggregation of entries.  Technically, it is possible to implement such an aggregation using a custom policy (in a manner similar, but not exactly as existing lru/random/...-policy), but it could be not very trivial to actually implement it (e.g., after aggregation, all PIT entries, referencing the "removed" entry should be updated and point to the aggregated entry)...