[ndnSIM] LIfetime of PIT entry for differents routers

Alex Afanasyev alexander.afanasyev at ucla.edu
Wed May 1 15:35:26 PDT 2013

Hi Flavio,

This function may not be the right way to do, since it is just a method to set lifetime after PIT entry has been created, and which is called by the forwarding strategy with an InterestLifetime value from the incoming Interest.

I see two ways how to implement.  One way (which is easier to implement and makes more sense for me) is to add a configuration parameter for PIT to limit the maximum liftime of PIT entry on a router.  If you think that this option can work for you, I can actually add it later today.

Another, more complicated way, is to create custom forwarding strategy (modify the existing one) and explicitly configure what should be the lifetime for PIT entry, regardless of what is specified in the Interests.