[ndnSIM] puzzled about nameconponent~~~

Alex Afanasyev alexander.afanasyev at ucla.edu
Sun Mar 17 04:59:39 PDT 2013

Hi Yakun,

Sorry for the delayed reply.  Can you tell me what is the way you're trying to construct names.  The current interface in Name class is far from perfect and I would love to have suggestions on how to improve it.

Right now, one of the Name constructors takes a list of references to string as input parameter, but it most likely not going to work in your case (it works with GetSubComponents).

With header->GetName() there should not be a problem, since you can either assign the output to another Name object or construct a new name object using the return value of GetName.