[ndnSIM] Buffer size and CS helper

Alex Afanasyev alexander.afanasyev at ucla.edu
Thu Mar 14 09:03:30 PDT 2013

On Mar 14, 2013, at 5:12 AM, Hovaidi Ardestani Mohammad <mohammad.hovaidi.ardestani at aalto.fi> wrote:

> Hi everybody!
> 1.       I am going to formulate size of buffer memory for ndnSim routers. In topology we set them based on packets (I think size of every packet should be 1024). I am wondering if CS, FIB and PIT are included in this space or not.

I'm not entirely sure what your question asks. You can set individual limits on CS and PIT sizes (in number of content objects).  FIB is not updated dynamically, so your simulation is responsible in defining appropriate number of FIB entries.  What do you mean "in topology we set..."? Are you referring to transmission queue sizes?  If yes, this is totally independent of NDN or ndnSIM.

> 2.       Can anybody guide me what exactly CS helper shows?

Do you mean ndn::StackHelper::SetContentStore method?  This is just a generic method to define ns3 class name of cs implementation to be used as a content store in ndnSIM. The rest of the parameters are just name-balue pairs that can configure ns-3 attributes of the specified cs.