[ndnSIM] How to deal with just arrived Data Packets in a custom way

Igor igorcompuff at gmail.com
Mon Mar 11 20:01:52 PDT 2013

Hi Alex,

I would like to implement a packet verification before the actions in the
method *ForwardingStrategy::OnData(...)* to be performed. I have tried to
overwrite this method in a ForwardingStrategy derived class but I end up
with a bunch of erros like this:

*"./libns3-dev-ndnSIM-debug.so: undefined reference to
`ns3::ndn::fw::CustomFlooding::OnData(ns3::Ptr<ns3::ndn::Face>,
ns3::Ptr<ns3::ndn::ContentObjectHeader const>, ns3::Ptr<ns3::Packet>,
ns3::Ptr<ns3::Packet const>)"*

I could implement my code on the ForwardingStrategy class directly, but I
am not sure if this is the best way.

Could you helpe me?

Best Regards,

Igor Ribeiro