[ndnSIM] question about PyViz visualizer when installing

yao hu huyao0107 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 04:41:42 PST 2013

Dear all,

Hello, everybody. I am new to ndnsim. I have a question about PyViz
visualizer. Could you help me?

I am a fedora16 user and now installing ndnsim according to the instruction
on the HP http://ndnsim.net/getting-started.html#downloading-ndnsim-source.
There is no problem when I `configure` without python bindings using the
following command

./waf configure --disable-python --enable-examples

However, when I `configure` using the following command in order to run
simulations with visualizer

./waf configure --enable-examples

The PyViz visualizer line will be shown as follows
PyViz visualizer : not enabled (Missing python modules: pygraphviz)

It seems that the pygraphviz was not installed, but actually it has been
already installed.
Package graphviz-python-2.28.0-11.fc16.i686 already installed and latest
version

Does anybody know what is the cause of this? Thanks in advance!

Regards,
huyao