[ndnSIM] Stop Simulation

Alex Afanasyev alexander.afanasyev at ucla.edu
Fri Jun 28 12:28:57 PDT 2013

Hi Igor,

What do you mean by the "event"?  There could be many events going on in your scenario, some of them could be designed to exist for the entire simulation.  If you're referring to applications that are keep running, then it should be possible.

What I did in some of my simulations is that I have scheduled stop time for my applications at some time, e.g., like this:
consumerHelper.Install (nodes.Get (0)).Stop (Seconds (5.0));

While specifying that my simulation need to be stopped some time after that, say after 30 or 60 seconds after that.   You can also specify stop time hours after you schedule stop of your application, since NS-3 will easily skip till the end when there are no events scheduled.