[ndnSIM] Cache

Alex Afanasyev alexander.afanasyev at ucla.edu
Tue Jun 25 18:32:27 PDT 2013

Hi!

I would say that it can be done in either place, depending on what is base for the decision.

If you can base decision whether to cache or not just base on information available in the forwarding strategy, then you can do it there.  At the same time, in the policy (e.g., at the point of insert() method call), you may have more information about the cache content: how many entries, which entries are old and should be evicted to make place for the new item, or whether the new item should not be cached for some reason).