[ndnSIM] ndnsim packet change.

ioannoa at scss.tcd.ie ioannoa at scss.tcd.ie
Thu Jun 20 07:45:24 PDT 2013

Hello everyone,

I have been struggling for a few days trying to change a field into my
packet, but didn't get any luck, so i thought to ask for help.

I am trying to alter the function into the Pit implementation class named
Create. My issue is that i want to change a field into my interest packet,
which is passed as a parameter to this Create function as: Ptr<const
Interest> interest. I have tried copy constructors, const_cast without
working though and only managed to change the value into the current
function. But what i want is my interest packet to have these changes
afterwards as well so sth temporal inside the function is not helping
much. An obvious way would be to change the function into passing
Ptr<Interest> interest without the const but that gives me many other
classes using it that way, so have to change them as well etc. before
starting breaking the whole platform down, maybe you have some
alternatives i could use?

Kind regards,
Andriana.