[ndnSIM] Re: Print PIT entry size

Alex Afanasyev alexander.afanasyev at ucla.edu
Wed Jun 19 15:49:43 PDT 2013

Hi Amin,

You may want to check examples/ndn-simple-with-pit-operation-stats.cc  that allows you to print most of the information that you want.  It doesn't have time information though, but you can add it by modifying (or creating new) utils/trie/aggregate-stats-policy.h:  you would need to store time when entry is created every time it is created, and then add measurement when it is removed (check lfu-policy for the hint how to store custom data for each policy entry).

I can try to help you with the implementation, but (as you may noticed by my delayed reply this time) I'm a little bit swamped this/next week.

On Jun 18, 2013, at 4:18 AM, Amin Karami <amin at ac.upc.edu> wrote:

> Hi Alex,
> Thank you for your very quick answers :-)
> I am going to print each PIT entry in a specific router in each second (in a periodic time) with:
> (1) Interest name (e.g., prefix), (2) RTT time of each satisfied Interest, (3) Interface number of each interest packet. My mean of RTT is the satisfaction time of each interest packet to receive desired content data. If an Interest packet has not been satisfied, the RTT can set to zero or infinity.
>
> Would you mind please telling me how is it possible to configure?
>
> /Amin
>

> On 04/11/2013 01:00 ق.ظ, Alex Afanasyev wrote:
>> Hi Amin,
>>
>> You can try to use a new example that I just uploadedhttp://ndnsim.net/metric.html#periodic-tracing-of-pending-interest-table-pit-size   as a baseline for your implementation.
>>
>> Note that the number that you will get is an instantaneous size (how many records currently there are) of PIT on a node at that particular moment, and does not give any statistics how many records were created/satisfied.  If you want this additional info, the tracing is a little bit more complicated and you can check another example (https://github.com/NDN-Routing/ndnSIM/blob/master/examples/ndn-simple-with-pit-operation-stats.cc).
>>
>> ---
>> Alex
>>
>> On Apr 10, 2013, at 5:30 AM, Amin Karami<amin at ac.upc.edu>  wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Alex,
>>> I am working with one example in ndnsim.net as:http://ndnsim.net/examples.html#node-bottleneck-topology
>>> I am going to print the number of empty record of PIT in first router (Rtr1) in every second in command prompt, such as below:
>>> (for example the primary PIT size for Rtr1 is 100)
>>> Time    Node   PIT size
>>> 1           Rtr1        98
>>> 2           Rtr1        93
>>> 3           Rtr1        94