[ndnSIM] Interest Flooding Attack Strategies

Amin Karami amin at ac.upc.edu
Sun Jun 16 08:47:14 PDT 2013

Hi,

I want to run a scenario in ndnSIM with Interest Flooding Attack (IFA)
purposes as non-existent contents requested. But i faced with some
problems in ndnSIM as follows:
1- If we declare a consumer with predefined interest requesting
parameters, but do not define any producer to satisfy consumer interest
packets, can it be such a interest flooding attack?

2- Set the 'PublisherPublicKeyDigest' field to a random value. because
there is no public key would match this value, So, interest packets will
remain unsatisfied. How can we modify this parameter in ndnSIM for a
specific node?

3- Set the interest 'Exclude' filter to exclude all existing content
starting with e.g., /ndn/prefix. how is it possible in ndnSIM for a
specific node? How about 'KeyLocator' field?

Thank you in advance.
/Amin