[ndnSIM] Inconsistency of Random replacement policy

Saran Tarnoi sarantarnoi at gmail.com
Fri Jun 7 08:06:07 PDT 2013

Dear Saeid and All,

The exact number of the content objects in the network is 10,000 different
objects (one interest for one content object.)
The Zipf parameters q = 0 and s = 0.5, 1.0, 1.5, and 2.0. In other words,
Zipf-Mandelbrot is simplified to Zipf distribution.
There is no link bottleneck due to the redundant link capacity, so all the
interests are satisfied.

The differences of hit rate depend on Zipf parameters.
The summary of the cache hit percentage of node 1, which uses Random as
replacement policy (the replacement policy of node 2 is varied), is below.

  s      Lfu          Lru        Random
0.5    1.865      1.865       2.572
1.0    33.123    33.123     36.467
1.5    86.542    86.542     86.025
2.0    98.646    98.646     98.348

The difference is obvious when s=1.0.
If you need more information, please let me know.
Thank you.

Regards,
Saran