[ndnSIM] ndnSIM Digest, Vol 6, Issue 35 How to get instant link load

Alex Afanasyev alexander.afanasyev at ucla.edu
Tue Jun 4 10:28:18 PDT 2013

Hi Andriana,

If you're using stackHelper, it is possible to specify which exactly version of content store you want to initialize during "Install" phase and optionally it's parameters. For example:
helper.SetContentStore ("ns3::ndn::cs::Lfu", "MaxSize", "100000");

If you want to have different content stores installed on different nodes, you can select content stores, then install stack on some nodes, then change selection and install NDN stack on other nodes.  I just made an example of that in `examples/ndn-simple-with-cs-lfu.cc'.

While I would still recommend implementing "custom" content stores using policies (so you would not need to reimplement data structure for storage, correct lookup process, which takes care of finding cached item using potentially shorter name from the interest, does some "standard" logging so you can use cache tracer, etc.), it is possible to implement a completely different content store just by inheriting from ns3::ndn::ContentStore class, exactly as you described.  In fact, you probably have seen my message that I just sent to mailing list about Nocache "content store".  In this implementation I did exactly this (made a new class inherited from ContentStore and implemented pure virtual methods), since there is no need for special data structures or complex lookups.