[ndnSIM] CcnxGlobalRouting

Alex Afanasyev alexander.afanasyev at ucla.edu
Fri Jul 19 07:29:01 PDT 2013

Hi Saeid,

ndn::GlobalRouting uses Dijkstra algorithm for shortest (in terms of configured metric) route calculation.  What I meant by boost library dependency is that instead of reimplementing Dijkstra from scratch, ndn::GlobalRouting uses boost's implementation of the algorithm.

Btw. Currently, there are two versions of route calculations in ndn::GlobalRouting.  One version (CalculateRoutes) calculate just one shortest route (to each globally registered prefix), and another version calculate "neighbor-independent" set routes (i.e., if destination can be reached through the face if the face was the only one working, this face will be added to FIB).