[ndnSIM] PIT lifetime (maximum time = 2s)

Alex Afanasyev alexander.afanasyev at ucla.edu
Fri Jul 12 08:47:09 PDT 2013

Hi Flávio,

This options was meant to define an upper bound on PIT entry lifetime, not the actual lifetime of interests.  However, in the current code, it is not (yet/anymore) used anywhere.

What you would want instead is configure your application.  If you're using ndn::Consumer* app, then you can do it during application creation stage:

  ndn::AppHelper consumerHelper ("ns3::ndn::ConsumerCbr");
  consumerHelper.SetPrefix (prefix);
  consumerHelper.SetAttribute ("LifeTime", TimeValue (Seconds (10.0)));
  consumerHelper.Install (consumerNodes);