[ndnSIM] Packet drops

Alex Afanasyev alexander.afanasyev at ucla.edu
Wed Feb 27 12:27:26 PST 2013

Hi Mohammad,

If you're talking about normal drops due to queue overflows, then you can use packet drop traces from NetDevice queue (you can check examples in src/visualizer/model/pyviz.cc):

- /NodeList/*/DeviceList/*/TxQueue/Drop

If you want to factor in cases when ndnSIM stops forwarding packet (which is not exactly a drop), then you may want to also use

- /NodeList/*/$ns3::ndn::ForwardingStrategy/DropInterests
- /NodeList/*/$ns3::ndn::ForwardingStrategy/DropData

However, I'm not confident 100% that right now ndnSIM tracks all the cases of stopped forwarding of Interst/Data.