[ndnSIM] NACKs

Alex Afanasyev alexander.afanasyev at ucla.edu
Mon Feb 11 09:22:33 PST 2013

Hi Natalya,

There is some description about NACKs in our paper http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.comcom.2013.01.005

For the implementation, only routers generate NACKs, and this code is part of specialized forwarding strategy extension "ns3::ndn::fw::Nacks" (model/fw/nacks.h and model/fw/nacks.cc).

Currently, all existing forwarding strategies have this extension, but NACKs generation is disabled by default.  At the same time, just enabling NACKs for strategy like BestRoute or Flooding could only trigger NACKs with code NACK_LOOP and NACK_GIVEUP_PIT (in some cases).  For congestion related behavior described in the paper, you would want to use specialized strategy that enforces some kind of Interest limits (e.g., ns3::ndn::fw::BestRoute::PerOutFaceLimits).

You can check out and play with the congestion scenario that was used for the paper here: https://github.com/cawka/ndnSIM-comcom-stateful-fw

Sincerely,
Alex