[ndnSIM] Question about ndnSIM apps

Alex Afanasyev alexander.afanasyev at ucla.edu
Thu Feb 7 11:25:23 PST 2013

Hi Yifeng,

Actual sending is happening in the base ndn::Consumer class (ndn-consumer.cc).  As this is an application, the only communication channel to/from l3 protocol is through application face and registered callback (actually, to send from app, you always need to use callback).

Wouldn't extension of the forwarding strategy be a better fit for your needs?  Inside the forwarding strategy you have full control to which faces you want to send messages.