[ndnSIM] ndnSIM : How simulate Pending Interest Table memory size

Xee 1839750381 at qq.com
Fri Feb 1 23:42:10 PST 2013

Hi Alex
Thanks you so, I just gone through the code.

Rgd,
-Xee
From:  "Alex Afanasyev"<alexander.afanasyev at ucla.edu>;
Date:  Feb 2, 2013
To:  "Xee"<1839750381 at qq.com>;
Cc:  "ndnsim"<ndnsim at lists.cs.ucla.edu>;
Subject:  Re: [ndnSIM] ndnSIM : How simulate Pending Interest Table memory size

Hi Xee,

I've implemented and pushed to github a new policy for PIT ("ns3::ndn::pit::SerializedSize").   You can check out [examples/ndn-simple-pit-policies.cc] that shows how to enable it.

Basically, it almost exactly the same as default ns3::ndn::pit::Persistent, but you specify size in bytes, not in number of packets (size based on Interest size, without considering any additional overhead):  wen size limit is reached, new interests will be rejected.

You can run with NS_LOG=ndn.pit.PitImpl  to see some debugging logging from the policy.   Let me know if something is not working as it should, or you want some other behavior.

Sincerely,
Alex