[ndnSIM] how to fill content object

Alex Afanasyev alexander.afanasyev at ucla.edu
Sun Dec 22 09:37:33 PST 2013

Hi Fabrizio,

You should checkout variants of constructor of NS'3 Packet class: http://www.nsnam.org/doxygen/classns3_1_1_packet.html

Basically, you need to create a "payload packet" which would carry the data you need.  For example, you can

std::string data = "foobar";
... payload = Create<Packet> (data.c_str(), data.size());

If you want to carry a structured data, you can also create a custom header class and then use AddHeader/RemoveHeader to get access to the data in the payload.