[ndnSIM] Network Throughput

Alex Afanasyev alexander.afanasyev at ucla.edu
Wed Dec 18 13:42:18 PST 2013

Hi Mohammad,

I run a ndn-simple scenario, where I have added L3RateTracer (ndn::L3RateTracer::InstallAll ("rate-trace.txt", Seconds (1.0));) and modified frequency of interests to be 1000.

The resulting rate-trace.txt is consistent with the results in the visualizer and shows almost full utilization of the 1Mbps channel.  Here is a selected results from the trace (only for Node 0/face0 and InData parameter):

Time    Node    FaceId  FaceDescr   Type    Packets Kilobytes   PacketRaw   KilobytesRaw
17  0   0   dev[0]=net(0,0-1)   InData  117.834 122.087 118 122.259

As you can see, it shows that the estimated rate is 122.087 Kilobytes/s, which is 976.696 Kilobits/s which is 1000136 bytes/s (this value is not 100k, because there is estimation and  errors).