[ndnSIM] pit entry size

Alex Afanasyev alexander.afanasyev at ucla.edu
Wed Dec 18 13:08:10 PST 2013

Hi Fabrizio,

It may be hard to estimate size in bytes of a PIT entry itself, since it has more other things than just an interest packet and it depends on a particular implementation how much these "other" thing are taking.

If you want to know just the size of the Interest that is associated with the PIT entry, than it is possible.

pitEntry->GetInterest()->GetWire()->GetSize();

will give you size in bytes of the associated interest.