[ndnSIM] Forwarding Strategy

Alex Afanasyev alexander.afanasyev at ucla.edu
Mon Dec 9 12:25:48 PST 2013

Hi Narjes,

1) Yes, you can use different strategies on different nodes.  You just need to do a little bit more work to set up you simulation scenario.  Something like this

ndn::StackHelper ndnHelper;

ndnHelper.SetForwardingStrategy("strategy1");
ndnHelper.Install(?node1?);

ndnHelper.SetForwardingStrategy("strategy2");
ndnHelper.install(?node2?);

2) What exactly do you mean by "distinguishing"?  What do you want to achieve?
At the strategy layer you're dealing with Interests and Data, which have names.  Name (or prefix) is basically the only thing you have.  Consumers by definition are sending Interests and producers are generating and publishing data.