[ndnSIM] behavior of consumer and provider

Alex Afanasyev alexander.afanasyev at ucla.edu
Fri Apr 26 00:34:03 PDT 2013

Hi huyao,

The forwarding strategy on producerNode doesn't really need to forward the interest to both faces, I was giving an example of what can happen.  Yes, with the existing ndn::Producer app, all interests will be satisfied, but in general (some other producer), may only have partial information.

In any case, it is totally up to the strategy's decision of what to do with interest.  Ideally, the strategy should try available faces first (in some order), then learn from which face interests are getting satisfied (faster), and then primarily use this face to forward interest.  Do I suspect correctly that you're implementing something along these lines?