[ndnSIM] NDN FIB

Alex Afanasyev alexander.afanasyev at ucla.edu
Tue Apr 23 11:40:20 PDT 2013

Hi again,

There is no tracer for FIB content, since it is (it was) not intended to be dynamically modified.  If you need to print out FIB contents (e.g., periodically, using Simulator::Schedule), there are a couple of ways.   If you don't care about the format, you can do the following:

input:   Ptr<Node> node;
std::cout << *node->GetObject<ndn::Fib> () << std::endl;

If you need more precise control over what is printed out, it is also possible, but a little bit more complicated:

Ptr<ndn::Fib> fib = node->GetObject<ndn::Fib> ();
for (Ptr<ndn::fib::Entry> entry = fib->Begin (); entry != fib->End (); entry = fib->Next (entry))
{
    std::cout << entry->GetPrefix () << std::endl;
}