[ndnSIM] How to Add new face in ForwardingStragy.cc

Alex Afanasyev alexander.afanasyev at ucla.edu
Thu Apr 11 10:13:10 PDT 2013

Hi Nilicy,

You can use ndn::L3Protocol interface (http://ndnsim.net/doxygen/classns3_1_1ndn_1_1_l3_protocol.html#a9d1161fc700b8a4fd793c4ff5644a6af) to convert face id to Ptr<Face>, assuming that you're trying to convert node's face id to Ptr<Node> (otherwise it would not make sense).  For example, you can do a following:

// input: int faceId;

Ptr<ndn::L3Protocol> ndn = ?; // depending on where you're calling, you may use this->GetObject<ndn::L3Protocol> ();

Ptr<ndn::Face> face = ndn->GetFaceById (faceId);