[ndnSIM] forward declaration error

Alex Afanasyev alexander.afanasyev at ucla.edu
Wed Apr 10 16:06:06 PDT 2013

Hi Xiaoyan,

I can tell more, if you can give more context about where the error originated.

What it could be is that you provided forward declaration of Entry as "struct Entry;", while cs::Entry is actually a class and should be forward-declared as "class Entry;"

If you never explicitly declared Entry and the error related to the compiler's implicit attempt to figure out what cs::Entry is, then just include header file in your forwarding strategy header file:

#include <ns3/ndn-content-store.h>

Note, you should include file before start of any namespace, otherwise you'll get another set of strange errors.