[ndnSIM] ndnSIM debugging

Alex Afanasyev alexander.afanasyev at ucla.edu
Wed Apr 10 14:01:22 PDT 2013

Hi Milad,

That was one interesting problem that appeared only using 4.7 compiler.  I have pushed a fix that solved the problem in the same environment that you have (OSX 10.8, g++ 4.7.2), so if you pull, you should be able to run the simulation.

The fix is not 100% compliant with the old C++ standard (using extern template), but there should not be a problem with gcc that supported this syntax for a long time, and I also tested with clang compiler and it worked.

If anybody is using another compiler, can you please test that the compilation is working?  Thanks.

PS
I cannot fully recommend using macport's version of gcc compiler (I'm assuming you're using it).  It seem to work now, but I was having strange error messages related to incompatibility of libstdc++ in the past.   Personally, I prefer using clang (clang++), which comes with OSX's xcode:

# configure for debug mode with tests and examples

CC=clang CXX=clang++ CXXFLAGS="-g -O0 -Wall -Qunused-arguments -Wno-unused-variable -Wno-unneeded-internal-declaration -Wno-unused-private-field" ./waf configure --enable-tests --enable-examples

# configure for optimized mode without tests or examples

CC=clang CXX=clang++ CXXFLAGS="-g -O3 -Wall -Qunused-arguments -Wno-unused-variable -Wno-unneeded-internal-declaration -Wno-unused-private-field" ./waf configure -d optimized