[ndnSIM] Satisfy Interests with more than one producer

Yusung Kim yskim525 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 1 18:31:44 PDT 2013

Hi Alex,

It's right,  each individual piece of content should have a unique name in
NDN.

We may explicitly add a digest component to the name as following;

1)   /domain.com/video1.avi/sequence_num/*explicit_producer1_digest     *
2)   /domain.com/video1.avi/sequence_num/*explicit_producer2_digest*

When User1 retrieved content by using the name 1)  and the data is cached
at routers ,
if User2 sends an interest packet with the name 2),   the interest cannot
be served from the Content Store since the cache was stored by the name 1)

How about using the implicit digest ?

3)   /domain.com/video1.avi/sequence_num/*implicit_producer1_digest     *
4)   /domain.com/video1.avi/sequence_num/*implicit_producer2_digest*
*
*
Once User1 retrieved content by using the name 3),
Could User2  retrieve the cached data, even though User2  sends an interest
with the name 4) ?

If the answer is NO,   what is the merit  using the implicit digest
 instead of the explicit digest?

Thank you,

- Yusung Kim -