[ndnSIM] CCN Segmentation

Alex Afanasyev alexander.afanasyev at ucla.edu
Fri Dec 28 12:09:20 PST 2012

Hi Wali,

In the available reference applications, such as ConsumerCbr, it is assumed that each Interest requesting a unique piece of content object.  This uniqueness is achieved by adding a sequence number to the end of the configured prefix.

This request pattern can be interpreted in many other ways. For example Saeid's example can be considered as a series of Interests for one big file, which is split into 250 content objects.

I'm not entirely sure why you're saying that "...we cannot have very large objects which will be requested with multiple interest packets and satisfied with corresponding data packets..."  Each interest corresponds to one content object.   Which sequence numbers represent a particular data can be totally independent.

In addition, if you have specific needs, you can always write a custom application, as explained here http://ndnsim.net/applications.html#custom-applications, which gives you a full control over what will be in requests (Interests) and what will be in replies (ContentObjects).

Sincerely,
Alex

PS

Recently a lot of things got renamed, so the code that Saeid gave would look a little bit differently:

std::string prefix = "/prefix";

ndn::AppHelper consumerHelper ("ns3::ndn::ConsumerCbr");
consumerHelper.SetPrefix (prefix);
consumerHelper.SetAttribute ("Frequency", StringValue ("10")); // 10 interests a second
consumerHelper.SetAttribute ("MaxSeq", StringValue("250"));