[ndnSIM] question about ndnSIM code

Alex Afanasyev alexander.afanasyev at ucla.edu
Tue Dec 11 12:54:04 PST 2012

Hi Ren,

Each Interest for a unique name requests a unique Data packet.  So answer to your question is no, each interest is for its own unique data packet.

For many simulations it is enough to assume for ndn::Producer that it has unlimited number of Data packets available, all of them from "/prefix" namespace.  Every time a consumer expresses an Interests starting with "/prefix" (e.g., /prefix/19283) and this interests reaches the Producer, the producer will answer with a unique Data packet, matching the name, specified in the Interest (e.g., the same /prefix/19283).  You can check out how it is done in apps/ndn-producer.cc in Producer::OnInterest method (lines 105-140).

If you have some other assumption/simulations in mind, you can implement your own Data producer, which replies to only to specific Interests.

Sincerely,
Alex