[Ndn-lib] PSync: FullProducer vs PartialProducer

Lan Wang (lanwang) lanwang at memphis.edu
Wed Jan 30 06:53:28 PST 2019

On Jan 29, 2019, at 10:23 AM, Junxiao Shi <shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu<mailto:shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu>> wrote:

Hi Ashlesh

Ashlesh is still waiting for approval from the mailing list owner to join the list so I’ll try to answer your questions.

For now, FullProducer adopts the ChronoSync's Logic class model to
periodically broadcast its sync interest with its current IBF and
responds to the sync interest when a difference is detected. It seemed
to be more cleaner with respect to maintainability at that time to keep
the FullProducer separate.

Are you saying FullProducer and PartialProducer+Consumer are using different protocols?

Yes.

Can I subscribe to a FullProducer from a Consumer?
Can a FullProducer replicate from a PartialProducer?

No to the above two.

Lan

Yours, Junxiao