[Ndn-lib] PSync PartialProducer on multiple nodes

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Tue Jan 29 15:44:26 PST 2019

Hi Lan

Each producer has one UserNode in the FullSync group. If two producers are
> serving the same dataset, they should participate FullSync under the same
> UserNode. Consumers do not have UserNodes in the FullSync group.
>
> I am not sure if we allow pure consumer nodes (no UserPrefix) in FullSync
> mode.

FullProducer constructor has a userPrefix parameter for "the prefix of the
first user in the group", but then the application could remove this
UserNode via FullProducer::removeUserNode.
Doxygen does not disallow it.

> One potential problem is what to do when multiple distinct producers have
> the same PartialSync UserNode.
>

> If they have different data, they should not have the same user prefix.
> If they do have the same data (e.g., they replicate each other’s data),
> then PartialSync can handle these producers having the same user prefix.

These PartialSync UserNodes are supposed to have the same Data, but library
must have reasonable fallback on application's mistakes.
It's not up to PartialSync protocol to deal with the two producers with the
same user prefix, because they are operating under different syncPrefixes.

Yours, Junxiao