[Ndn-lib] PSync PartialProducer on multiple nodes

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Tue Jan 29 13:03:33 PST 2019

Hi Lan

The Sync prefix in PartialSync includes the producer of a dataset and all
> the subscribers interested in that data (could be a subset).  It doesn’t
> include different producers with different datasets.
>
> You can use a FullSync group to discover new participants and then use
> PartialSync to subscribe to their data.

As I said, this approach is not scalable: it requires one Consumer for each
participant, which is expensive in terms of traffic overhead and memory
usage.
Why not merge FullSync and PartialSync so that multiple producers can
publish their user nodes on the same sync prefix?

Yours, Junxiao