[Ndn-lib] PSync in CCL

Lan Wang (lanwang) lanwang at memphis.edu
Tue Jan 29 09:08:05 PST 2019

Junxiao,

I think Minsheng Zhang who developed PSync originally chose MurmurHash because of its speed and availability of public implementation.  Ashlesh simply kept it.  We will review if there’s a serious security problem with the algorithm.

In general, PartialSync is designed for pub-sub functionality.  FullSync is for group communication where everyone is a producer and consumer, and wants to receive everything from everyone else (something like Chat).

Lan