[Ndn-lib] PSync in CCL

Thompson, Jeff jefft0 at remap.ucla.edu
Mon Jan 28 13:50:02 PST 2019

Hi Junxiao,

For us, the driver for implementing PSync in the CCL is to use it in the Common Name Library to synchronize sets of names. I’m almost finished with Full PSync in NDN-CPP. (This week.) Next would be in PyNDN to use in the Python version of the Common Name Library. (I am not sure of the available implementations of MurmurHash in Python. If it’s easy, then it’s only a few days, otherwise I have to implement and test.)

Once we have Full PSync in NDN-CPP and PyNDN, it should be very easy to add Partial PSync. I’ll be interested to see the discussion for your question about the difference between Partial and Full PSync, and your use cases. For the Common Name Library, we want Full because it uses multicast and is better for when new producers are able to join the sync group. (For some reason that Ashlesh can explain, Full also uses a different Bloom Filter implementation.)

- Jeff T