[Ndn-lib] Setting CONFIG_SELECT_OPTIONAL in NDN-CXX

Thompson, Jeff jefft0 at remap.ucla.edu
Fri Dec 27 04:47:28 PST 2019

Hello,

My Red Hat 7 computer has a non-standard installed C++17 compiler. So, I need optional.hpp to not use std::optional. It has this line:
https://github.com/named-data/ndn-cxx/blob/master/ndn-cxx/util/nonstd/optional.hpp#L77

#define optional_USES_STD_OPTIONAL  ( (optional_CONFIG_SELECT_OPTIONAL == optional_OPTIONAL_STD) || ((optional_CONFIG_SELECT_OPTIONAL == optional_OPTIONAL_DEFAULT) && optional_HAVE_STD_OPTIONAL) )

When I change to force optional_USES_STD_OPTIONAL to be 0, then my program compiles and works correctly. But is there some option for ./waf configure to set CONFIG_SELECT_OPTIONAL to OPTIONAL_NONSTD?

Thanks,
- Jeff T