[Ndn-lib] Library stability question

dowlinah dowlinah at clarkson.edu
Mon Sep 11 09:25:26 PDT 2017

Okay, that clears a lot up, thanks!

Sent from my Galaxy Tab A
-------- Original message --------From: Alex Afanasyev <aa at cs.ucla.edu> Date: 9/11/17  12:14 PM  (GMT-05:00) To: dowlinah <dowlinah at clarkson.edu> Cc: ndn-lib at lists.cs.ucla.edu Subject: Re: [Ndn-lib] Library stability question

> On Sep 11, 2017, at 12:09 PM, dowlinah <dowlinah at clarkson.edu> wrote:
>
> Hello all,
>
> I am about to start a project with ndn and was wondering if I should ise ndn-cxx or ndn-cpp would be better to use? Ive worked with cxx before, but was wondering if cpp would be more stable?

All libraries evolve.  If you would like to use the latest advances in NDN research, then I would recommend staying with release versions of ndn-cxx (you can also use the latest dev versions, but those sometimes are getting broken for short periods of time).  ndn-cpp is tracking changes in ndn-cxx and also evolve, but may have a more stable API if that is what you're looking for.  Btw, you can have similar stability if you just pick a version of ndn-cxx and keep using just that version.

--
Alex