[Ndn-lib] What is the current status of NDN's C# library

Thompson, Jeff jefft0 at remap.ucla.edu
Mon Jul 24 14:53:50 PDT 2017

Hi Wenrui,

Yes, you can use ndn-dot-net. We are currently using it in some Unity projects.

It is called “NDN-DOT-NET” instead of “NDN C#” because the library API in the ndn-dot-net.dll assembly can be used by any .NET project written in C#, Visual Basic .NET, F#, etc. This is true even though the library code is in C# (before it is compiled into a .NET assembly which can be used from the other languages.)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_CLI_languages

We provide examples in C# (but may provide examples in other .NET languages in the future if there is a need).
https://github.com/named-data/ndn-dot-net/tree/master/examples

The issues page is on our Redmine for jNDN because the C# code is automatically translated from our Java NDN library, and closely tracks it.
https://redmine.named-data.net/projects/jndn/issues

You say that this page has not been updated but that’s because we closed many bugs. ;-) The issues page shows two older outstanding issues.

- Jeff T