[Ndn-lib] What is the current status of NDN's C# library

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Mon Jul 24 14:53:04 PDT 2017

Hi Wenrui

However, I'm not very sure why it is NDN for Microsoft's .NET framework
> rather than just C#, and I wonder what the implication of this is.

Microsoft .Net Framework is an open framework. Any programming language
that compiles to CLS (Common Language Specification) can work with .Net
Framework <https://yoursunny.com/t/2007/Net-intro/>. C# is a commonly used
.Net language, but not the only one. I have used VB.Net, C++.Net, etc.

https://github.com/named-data/ndn-dot-net

> The issue page for this repository is also not updated for a very long
> time, so I wonder if some critical issues remain.
>
> The issue tracker is not on GitHub, but shared with jNDN. There's a link
in README.md
https://redmine.named-data.net/projects/jndn/issues

I have looked at the code sometime ago. It seems that it's automatically
translated from Java. Thus, YMMV.

Yours, Junxiao