[Ndn-lib] ndn-cxx: extract identity from signed Interest

Alex Afanasyev alexander.afanasyev at ucla.edu
Thu Feb 26 22:16:50 PST 2015

I can state my opinion on that.  There is no such concept as “identity” for the certificate.  Identity and key name are ways to organize hierarchy of certificates locally and does not require certificate name to be “converted” to identity.

On the other hand.  Within hierarchical trust model, certificate's name defines which namespace it covers.  I think, with the current code this can be extracted using ndn regular expressions.  In theory, this relates specifically to the trust model (validator) and not sure how this should really be exposed (or whether it needs to be exposed) to the application.

—
Alex