[Ndn-lib] Transport Access From Face

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Thu Feb 19 10:18:27 PST 2015

Hi Mark

'Nack' is a link-layer packet type that represents a node/producer is
unable to answer the Interest, but the network could try other
paths/producers which might be able to answer.
The spec for link-layer Nack is still work in progress. Please watch #2520 <
http://redmine.named-data.net/issues/2520> for more updates.

'ContentType=Nack' <http://redmine.named-data.net/issues/2111> is a
different thing. It's a network-layer Data packet that indicates the
non-existence of some Data. It is signed by an authoritative producer.

ndn-lib is not the right place for spec discussion. Please post additional
questions to #1731 <http://redmine.named-data.net/issues/1731>.

In this snippet, I'm using 'Nack' as an example to show that 'Reply'
function should be able to accept several potential reply types.

Yours, Junxiao