[Ndn-lib] wireEncode/wireDecode interface missing in Name class

Burke, Jeff jburke at remap.ucla.edu
Sun Apr 13 07:36:20 PDT 2014

I should clarify - We don't have any intention of carrying or promoting binary xml, nor will any apps still use it. This was a test of the wire format independence of the app API that had been a post-ccn design goal. There are different ways to transition the apps- many will need rewrites on the app side to work with tlv, this did not, as the support changed in the library. This was a good learning experience and check of the original goal of (modest) independence from the wire format for apps that did not need to know about it.
Jeff