[Ndn-lib] wireEncode/wireDecode interface missing in Name class

Burke, Jeff jburke at remap.ucla.edu
Sat Apr 12 11:54:01 PDT 2014

Hi Wento,

Could you give a specific example of when the wire format (e.g., specific TLV type encoding bits) would be necessary for the applications you are considering to know?   Even the command interests are built up by manipulating the value bits only, I thought.

(I'm not saying we shouldn't expose this for experimentation, but I still don't understand the scenario except in the abstract.)

Thanks,

Jeff