[Ndn-lib] wireEncode/wireDecode interface missing in Name class

Wentao Shang wentaoshang at gmail.com
Sat Apr 12 09:43:09 PDT 2014

On Sat, Apr 12, 2014 at 5:17 AM, Dave Oran (oran) <oran at cisco.com> wrote:

>  This is fairly scary. What if we decide to change the wire format? Do
> all the applications break?

Hi Dave,

I understand the hope is to decouple applications from wire format as much
as possible. But it's not like in the IP world where we almost never touch
the TCP/IP header bits in applications. In NDN the Name is shared
information between network layer and application layer. I doubt if we can
completely eliminate the case where app developers need to deal with the
TLV-formatted names.

Wentao

--
PhD @ IRL, CSD, UCLA