[Ndn-lib] wireEncode/wireDecode interface missing in Name class

Burke, Jeff jburke at remap.ucla.edu
Sat Apr 12 07:09:05 PDT 2014

Wentao,

In general we are trying to not expose the application developer to the wire format.  The CCL will shortly provide functions for creating command interests that follow the spec here<http://redmine.named-data.net/projects/nfd/wiki/Command_Interests>.   Are you interested in a different type of command interest structure (requiring you to experiment with the wire format until we can provide library support for such a new structure) or would these  fit your needs?

For Shuo's repo, though it might store things in the wire format, it's unclear to me why the repo would need to understand/parse it directly?    Could you explain more or ask him to email the list with what he is trying to do / needs from the library...

Jeff