[Ndn-lib] some questions about NDN-cpp-master

Thompson, Jeff jefft0 at remap.ucla.edu
Mon Oct 7 10:50:37 PDT 2013

Hello Zhongyi Zhao,

I am replying to the ndn-lib list for library discussion.

The test application test-publish-async.cpp connects to one of our test bed nodes.  You can change test-publish-async.cpp to try another node, for example "A.hub.ndn.ucla.edu".
https://github.com/named-data/ndn-cpp/blob/640aa629220caeae57a6a5796244a002491630b3/tests/test-get-async.cpp#L50
Also, you can check if you can reach the node:
ping A.hub.ndn.ucla.edu

To become familiar with NDN, please:

  *   Read the architecture overview http://named-data.net/project/archoverview/
  *   Read the FAQ http://named-data.net/project/faq/
  *   Read the first technical report http://named-data.net/publications/techreports/tr001ndn-proj/
  *   Read the examples in the code https://github.com/named-data/ndn-cpp/tree/master/tests
  *   Watch the Tech Talk video http://named-data.net/a-new-way-to-look-at-networking/

If you have further questions after reviewing this material, please send to ndn-lib:

Thank you,
- Jeff T