[Ndn-lib] Interest lifetime estimation

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Sat Oct 5 04:51:20 PDT 2013

Hi Xiaoke

Default InterestLifetime is 4.0 seconds in CCNx-0.7.2 (same logic as NDNx-0.1).
InterestLifetime is specified by the consumer app, so you are free to introduce a RttEstimator in the consumer and set InterestLifetime to RTT. However I don’t recommend doing that. InterestLifetime does not change between hops, so it won’t reflect RTT anymore once it leaves the consumer a few hops away.

Yours, Junxiao