[Ndn-lib] Firefox add-on using native SHA256

Jeff Thompson jeff at thefirst.org
Mon Mar 18 21:51:04 PDT 2013

Hello.  Because the Firefox add-on was slow due to using JavaScript to
compute the SHA256 content digest, I had disabled the digest
computation.  But I just enabled digest computation using the XPCOM
native (C++) crypto library, and there is no perceivable slow-down.
(This is the 21st century and we're not supposed to be afraid of hashing
everything.)
https://github.com/named-data/ndn-js/raw/downloads/ndnProtocol.xpi

Always computing the content digest enables saving the content digest in
the link for later comparison.  (I'll add this to the NDN Toolbar soon.)

Thank you,
- Jeff T